Our vision is to deliver Local Ocean's acclaimed seafood experience directly to your doorstep.
Local Ocean is the premier destination for seafood on the central Oregon Coast. It is our mission to give people “the best seafood experience of their lives” and we are honestly thrilled that not a day goes by that we don't hear exactly that from our customers.
That was until we closed our doors due to COVID-19. That day we laid off 60 employees, stopped buying fish from our local fleet of boats, and stopped serving our customers the seafood meals they love.
We’ve been thinking about implementing “Dock to Door” delivery for a while. This seems like a pretty good time to give it go. Through this service we hope to create a new opportunity for employees and the local fishing community. Above all, we want to continue to give you the Local Ocean experience you love, in the safety of your own home.
How it Works1. ORDER your DockBox online for the week. As of now, you must place a new order each week, but we are working on having a subscription option.
2. RECEIVE your DockBox via your selected delivery method. We are currently offering the following options:
- PICKUP @ LOCAL OCEAN - Fridays 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. @ 213 SE Bay Blvd., Newport, OR 97365
- LOCAL DELIVERY ($5) - Fridays 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Available from Newport to Lincoln City in the north, Yachats to the south, and Toledo to the east.
- PICKUP IN CORVALLIS - Fridays 4:00 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. @ Benton County Fairgrounds South Parking Lot (SW Reservoir Ave near SW 53rd St)
- PICKUP IN PORTLAND - Wednesdays 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. @ B-line Warehouse (SE 8th St & SE Salmon St)
3. ENJOY - Cook + eat your Local Ocean seafood in the comfort of your own home.
4. GIVE BACK - Each week, 10% of DockBox sales will go to support our local community.