Local Ocean’s Special
TIME: 20 minutes
SERVING SIZE: 1 bowl per person
IN THE BOX
Roasted Zucchini, Poblano Peppers + Shiitake Mushrooms
Cabbage + Fennel
Cilantro + Green Onion
FROM YOUR PANTRY
6-8 tbsp oil for cooking
Salt + pepper for seasoning
1. Fry Tortilla Chips – heat 4 oz oil in a shallow pan or sauce pot (you’ll want about ½” of oil in the pan) over medium-high heat until it is hot and shimmering but not smoking. While oil is heating, cut each tortilla in half, then each half into thirds (you’ll have 6 pieces per tortilla). When oil is hot, gently add the tortilla pieces into the pan and fry until chips are golden and crispy (about 3-4 minutes). Depending on your pan, you may need to flip the chips half-way through and do them in several batches to avoid crowding the oil. Make sure each piece of tortilla is not sticking to the others – you’ll get soggy chips this way! When finished, place chips on paper towels to drain excess oil.
2. In a separate large sauté pan, heat 2 TBSP oil (3 TBSP for 4 portions) over medium-high heat. Add the onions to the pan and sauté for 2 minutes until they begin to soften.
3. Add prawns to the pan, making sure to avoid over-crowding. You want a good sear and color on the prawns. Cook for 1-2 minutes, then turn the prawns over.
4. Add roasted veggies, herb paste, and white beans to the pan. Cook another minute.
5. Deglaze the pan with the pork broth. Add salsa verde to the pan, bring to a boil.
6. Toss in ¾ of the cilantro & green onion mix, along with the shredded cabbage. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
7. Cut the radish into thin slices.
8. Divide stew evenly among dinner bowls. Top with queso fresco, sliced radish, remaining herbs and tortilla chips. ¡Buen provecho!
Updated June 2022