Vegetarian Corn Succotash
Local Ocean’s Vegetarian
TIME: 20 minutes
SERVING SIZE: 1 bowl per person
IN THE BOX
Roasted Corn, Mango, Tomatoes
Aji Amarillo-Coconut Milk Broth
Green Onion + Parsley
FROM YOUR PANTRY
4 tbsp olive oil for cooking
Salt + pepper for seasoning
1. This is a one-pan meal, so select a saucepan large enough to fit the entire dish. Heat the saucepan over medium heat with 2-4 tbsp cooking oil until the oil is shimmering but not smoking. Add the portobello mushrooms and onion to the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes until they just begin to soften. You may need to add a little more oil to coat the mushrooms completely.
2. Add the roasted corn kernels, mango, tomatoes, ginger, and herb paste to the pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
3. Reserve a bit of the cilantro for garnish, then add the majority of the cilantro, as well as all of the green onion and parsley to the pan. Add the aji amarillo-coconut milk broth and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Remove from heat, taste, and season with more salt and pepper, if desired.
5. Divide into bowls and garnish with the remaining cilantro. Enjoy!