Peruvian-Style Rockfish Dinner
Local Ocean’s Special
TIME: 20 minutes
SERVING SIZE: 1 bowl per person
IN THE BOX
Aji Amarillo-Shellfish Sauce
Green Onion + Parsley
FROM YOUR PANTRY
2-3 tbsp olive oil for cooking
Salt + pepper for seasoning
1. Get Everything Ready:
- Season the rockfish on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Carefully cut the corn kernels from the cobs. We recommend working over a bowl so that you catch all the juices from the corn.
2. Cook the Fish - this is a one-pan meal, so select a saucepan large enough to fit the entire dish. Heat the saucepan over medium heat with 2 tbsp cooking oil until the oil is shimmering but not smoking. Add the rockfish to the pan and cook for 2 minutes until lightly seared.
3. In the same pan, build the sauce:
- Add the herb paste to the pan, stir, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the corn kernels, ginger, tomatoes, and mangoes. Cook for 1 minute while stirring.
- Add the aji amarillo-shellfish sauce. Remove from heat and gently stir to incorporate.
- Let rest away from the heat, then gently stir in the herbs right before serving.
- Finally, taste and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
4. Serve & Enjoy!