Mini Crab Cakes Appetizer Kit
MINI CRAB CAKES
TIME: 30 minutes
MAKES: 12 mini crab cakes
IN THE KIT
Dungeness Crab Cakes
Japanese Panko Breadcrumbs
FROM YOUR PANTRY
Salt + pepper for seasoning
2-4 tbsp oil for cooking
1. Prep the crab cakes - Pour the breadcrumbs onto a large plate or baking sheet.
2. Put the crab cakes into the breadcrumbs and gently flatten to desired thickness. Don’t overwork and just coat the outside, or they will become dry. They should still be a little wet in the middle.
Heat a large skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat with 1-2 tbsp oil or butter for cooking.
3. While the pan is heating, prep the lemon, cutting it lengthwise in half, then each half into thirds as wedges.
4. When your skillet is hot but not smoking, cook the crab cakes for about 3-5 minutes on each side, until they are golden brown and slightly crispy on the outside. Don’t overcrowd the pan - cook in batches or with two pans if you have to. If you have kept your crab cakes very thick, they may take a little longer to cook through.
5. Pull your crab cakes from the pan and place on a paper towel to drain away any extra oil. Serve hot with tartar sauce & lemon wedges.
Updated November 24th, 2020
OMG these are off the chart, and so easy to prepare. I love me some Dock Box!