Fish Tacos Al Pastor
Local Ocean’s Special
FISH TACOS AL PASTOR
TIME: 20 minutes
SERVING SIZE: 2 tacos per person
IN THE BOX
Roasted Pineapple-Nopal Pico de Gallo
FROM YOUR PANTRY
2-3 tbsp olive oil for cooking
Flour & oil for frying (optional)
1. Season the fish with the Cajun spices and salt (the Cajun seasoning does not have salt).
2. Cut the lime into quarters.
3. Cook the fish: at the restaurant, we fry the fish. You can cook it in a pan or fry it.
- To pan-sear: Heat a nonstick sauté pan over medium-high heat. Heat 2 tbsp oil (3 tbsp for 4 portions) until shimmering but not smoking. Add the fish to the pan and cook for 4 minutes undisturbed. You want to crisp up and brown each side a little. Flip the fish over and cook another 2 minutes. Remove from the pan to a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
- To fry with a deep fryer: coat the fish well in flour seasoned with salt, shaking excess flour off. Heat frying oil to 375 degrees F, then fry in batches until crispy and cooked through; about 4 minutes.
Heat the tortillas by toasting with a little oil in a nonstick pan or electric skillet. Alternatively, you can microwave them between layers of paper towels for 45 seconds.
4. Assemble the tacos: on each tortilla, drizzle ½ tbsp pastor sauce down the center. Place a heaping spoonful of fish in the center. Top with roasted pineapple-nopal pico de gallo and cotija cheese. Finish with more pastor sauce and cilantro, if desired. Serve with quartered limes and radishes.
Updated January 12th, 2021