Local Ocean’s Special
with Whipped Potatoes + Broccolini
TIME: 30 minutes
SERVING SIZE: 6 oz. combined seafood per person
IN THE BOX
Chinook Salmon Fillet
Dungeness Crab Meat
FROM YOUR PANTRY
1-2 tbsp Cooking Oil
Salt + Pepper to season
1. Pull the herb butter from the fridge to bring to room temperature (this can be done up to an hour before the rest of the preparation). Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare the broccolini for roasting by tossing in a little olive oil, salt, and pepper. Arrange on a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet, spreading out evenly.
2. Prepare the Stuffing – in a bowl, mix the crabmeat, shrimp, and half the herb butter together. Season the salmon with salt and pepper, then gently fill with the stuffing mixture - the salmon fillets already have a slit in them as a “pocket” for the stuffing.
3. Add the whipped potatoes to a sauce pot. Add a splash of water and warm over medium heat on the back burner with a lid. Keep an eye on it while you continue the recipe – once warm, add the remaining herb butter, stir, and turn heat to low while you finish the rest of the dish.
4. Once the oven is preheated, add the tray of broccolini. Check after 10 minutes – using tongs, mix around so it gets roasted evenly. Continue cooking for another 2-5 minutes until it is starting to brown, but still has a little crunch.
5. While the broccolini is roasting, cook the salmon – heat a large oven-proof frying pan over medium high heat with 1 tbsp of cooking oil. When the oil is shimmering but not smoking, add the salmon to the pan stuffing-side down. Cook for two to three minutes. Once the salmon has started to brown, flip to the other side then move the pan to the oven. Roast for about 3 minutes longer, then pull of the oven and set aside to rest.
- Note: If you don’t have an oven-proof frying pan, you can just continue cooking in the pan for 2-3 minutes – then pull from the heat and add a lid while it rests to make sure the stuffing is warmed through.
6. Once the salmon is finished, remove from the pan and set aside. Using the same pan, heat the cumin-cream sauce on low until warmed through.
7. To Serve – divide the whipped potatoes evenly among large dinner plates. Add the broccolini, seared salmon, and spoon the cumin-cream sauce over the top. Enjoy!
Updated April 2nd, 2020