Chilled Seafood Platter (Valentine's Special)
Chilled Seafood Platter
TIME: 10 minutes
IN THE BOX
Seared Wild Prawns
Dungeness Crab Meat
House-Pickled Coho Salmon
House-Pickled Albacore Tuna
White Balsamic Vinaigrette
Thai-Cucumber Salsa (spicy)
This platter is designed to be flexible and fit into your feast however you’d like it to. Feel free to combine it into a bigger spread with cured meats, cheeses, fruits, and jams. The seafood species can also be served mixed or separate.
1. Calamari, Scallops, and Prawns - Mix the grilled & seared shellfish with the white balsamic vinaigrette. You can do this all together or one at a time by species. Use just enough vinaigrette to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper (the calamari have more natural salt in their juices, so will not need salt).
2. Crab and Pickled Fish - Skip the marinade and seasoning on these items. Dungeness crab has delicate flavor that can be overwhelmed easily, and the pickled fish already has flavor from the pickling brine.
3. Plating - Arrange your tray with the marinated shellfish, crab, pickled fish, and the three included sauces (guajillo sauce, mint-basil gremolata, and Thai-cucumber salsa) – they are intended to be used with each of the elements of the dish as a mix-and-match. Garnish with chopped parsley and enjoy some love from the Pacific!
- Grilled Calamari - marinate in white balsamic vinaigrette. Enjoy without a dipping sauce to really taste the grill flavor, or dip in guajillo sauce.
- Seared Scallops - marinate in white balsamic vinaigrette and top with the mint-basil gremolata.
- Grilled Prawns - marinate in white balsamic vinaigrette and dip in guajillo sauce.
- Dungeness Crab Meat - crab has a delicate flavor that can be easily overwhelmed, so skip the white balsamic marinade and try it with small amounts of any of the sauces.
- Pickled Tuna + Salmon - skip the white balsamic marinade and enjoy with the Thai-cucumber salsa.